ROBHAR Enterprises t/a SteelOnline and its employees are committed to protecting your privacy. We recognise our obligation to respect and protect the confidentiality of your personal, business and financial information.
A. Customer privacy is an important issue – both to you and us.
B. What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When you use the Services or browse our Website, we may collect information about your visit to our Website, your usage of the Services and your web browsing.
That information may include:
- Your network routing information (where you come from).
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and may identify your general geographic location or company.
- Your computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
C. When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site. Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
D. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of our services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
E. Information Protection Guidelines:
- We will not collect your information without obtaining your prior consent.
- The choice to provide us with financial information is always yours.
- Consent to collect information can be express (for example signing an agreement) or implied (e.g. if you are given an opportunity to opt-out of a specific form of information sharing, but choose not to do so, we imply that you choose to share this information with us).
- The type of information you’ll be asked to provide will vary according to the products or services you require.
- Most of the information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- Except as outlined in Sharing Customer Information, we will never sell or otherwise make available customer information to other organisation or parties including other companies in our group, other than for exceptional cases, as outlined in Sharing Customer Information.
- As a condition of employment, employees who have access to customer information are required to abide by the privacy standards of ROBHAR Enterprises t/a SteelOnline.
F. How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
G. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Akismet Anti-Spam
H. What role can you play in protecting your accounts?
- Never provide your Online ID or Password to anyone or to any site that you do not recognise and fully trust.
- Do not leave your computer unattended after you have entered login details and passwords.
- Always log or sign off at the end of a session.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
J. Third-party disclosure
We do not and will not sell or provide personal client information to third parties for independent use.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your Personally Identifiable Information, unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
K. Third-party links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
- We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Google Analytics
We make use of Google Analytics to obtain anonymous analytics data to improve our website and our customer experience. Information regarding the safeguarding of your data is summarised in this article: Google Analytics’ data practices and commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of data. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- Opting out:
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add on.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
O. Information regarding plugins we use on our website:
Nextend Social Login
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Nextend Social Login collects data when a visitor register, login or link the account with any of the enabled social provider. It collects the following data: email address, name, social provider identifier and access token. Also it can collect profile picture and more fields with the Pro Addon’s sync data feature.
- Who we share your data with
Nextend Social Login stores the personal data on your site and does not share it with anyone except the access token which used for the authenticated communication with the social providers.
- Does the plugin share personal data with third parties
Nextend Social Login use the access token what the social provider gave to communicate with the providers to verify account and securely access personal data.
- How long we retain your data
Nextend Social Login removes the collected personal data when the user deleted from WordPress.
- Does the plugin use personal data collected by others?
Nextend Social Login use the personal data collected by the social providers to create account on your site when the visitor authorize it.
- Does the plugin store things in the browser?
Yes, Nextend Social Login must create a cookie for visitors who use the social login authorization flow. This cookie required for every provider to secure the communication and to redirect the user back to the last location.
- Does the plugin collect telemetry data, directly or indirectly?
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
- What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
- We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for five years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
- Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
- What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you;
- Shipping providers: When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, shipping address, email address and phone number. We share this information with our shipping provider to ensure your receive your order/s.
- What we collect and store
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
- While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Who on our team has access
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
- Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
Administrators and Shop Managers can access wishlist details, such as products added, date of addition, names and privacy settings of your wishlists. Our team members have access to this information to offer you better deals for the products you love.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy .
P. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Q. Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
R. How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
S. Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
T. How we handle your e-mail
We preserve/retain the content of your e-mail, your e-mail address and our response so that we can handle any questions you have efficiently.
- We collect your email address in order to
- Send information; respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or services.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
V. Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
W. Contacting Us
Our Website Address is: https://steelonline.co.za
ROBHAR Enterprises t/a SteelOnline
Robert Knuffel, Owner & Managing Director
15 Gamka Street,
Stikland Industrial Area, Bellville
Cape Town, Western Cape,
Telephone : +27 (0)63 684 6515 or (0)82 744 6044